I am a big believer that HAPPINESS IS KEY in life, especially to live a successful one!
There are two types of people in the world: those who choose to be happy, and those who choose to be unhappy. The most important thing to remember is that happiness comes from within; not from money, fame or materialistic objects. Happy people are happy because they make themselves happy. They maintain a positive outlook on life and remain at peace with themselves. To do this you need to possess good habits that will enhance your life. Here are 22 things happy people do differently, and I want you to focus on each one at a time and ask yourself if you do that on a daily basis:
(I got this list of 22 things off an article I found online, but I added my own thoughts after each one)
1. Don’t hold grudges– forgive and forget, let go of the grudges and you will gain a clear conscience
3. See problems as challenges– the word problem is not in my vocabulary and it shouldn’t be in yours, I see it more as an opportunity or a dare. I love challenging myself!
4. Express gratitude for what they already have– I count my blessings every morning and make the best of everything I have
5. Dream big– what is life without dreams or goals? “Reach for the moon, even if you miss it you’ll land among the stars”
7. Speak well of others– did you know what you say and do is often based entirely on your own self-reflection?
8. Never make excuses– if you keep making excuses you will never get to your happy place or succeed in life
9. Get absorbed into the present– “yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that’s why they call it the present” – get absorbed into whatever your doing today
11. Choose friends wisely– I surround myself with positive, hard working friends that have goals in life – and did you know you become like the 5 people you spend the most time with? …Perfect 🙂
12. Avoid social comparison– be the best version of YOU, there is only one you so rock it – comparing yourself can be unhealthy for your mind and body
13. Never seek approval from others– who cares what other people think? Follow your heart and don’t let anyone steer you away from your dreams
14. Take the time to listen– talk less, listen more and your mind will feel more open and content
16. Meditate– this is something I want to start doing – it silences your mind and helps you find inner peace which I think is very important
17. Eat well– I love the saying “you are what you eat”, everything you eat directly affects your body’s ability to produce hormones, which will dictate your moods, energy, and mental focus
18. Exercise– exercise releases a hormone called endorphins – endorphins lead to happiness – also exercise boosts your self-esteem!
20. Tell the truth– honesty is key and the truth will set you free
21. Establish personal control– be in control of your life and don’t let anyone tell you how you should be living it
22. Accept what cannot be changed– you can’t change it so why obsess over it? Just accept it, breath, and focus on what you can control and change for the better
If you don’t possess one or more of the qualities listed above I want you to work on those and see what you can do differently in your life. But don’t just focus on the ones you need to work on, also emphasize everyday on the ones you already do. This may seem overwhelming so take it one day at a time. Maybe today you can start with #1 and then tomorrow you can do #1 and #2 and so on until every single one becomes a habit! So what are you going to choose today? To be happy or unhappy? Remember smiles, kind hearts, and good deeds are contagious. 🙂
Fun Fact: it takes approximately 30 days to form a habit, so get rid of the bad, old ones and make room for the good, new ones!